Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hey there!

Hi and welcome to my blog!

I'm the Full Belly Alchemist, a 20-something lady living in the greatest city in the world, New York City, in the most delicious borough (says me and my borough-neighbors) Queens, woop woop!
eating fried chicken in Flushing

The Fisherman enjoying his chicken. Mmmm, crispy!

Basically, after a lifetime of loving food, and loving to share the experience of cooking and eating with others (and I think my friends are jealous of my food pics), and the inspiration of my boyfriend (aka The Fisherman), I figured I'd give this blogging thing a try, again.


If you're in your 20's or younger, you've probably tried blogging. Maybe more people have tried, I do remember it being really popular in my college days (like college kids know jack about anything!), but I digress.

So, my goal here is to create a narrative (with pictures!), of places I go, things I eat, things I cook, and sharing my love of food with those I love (including those of the furry persuasion!) with those out in the blogosphere who are into this sort of thing.

Welcome to the Full Belly Alchemist!

P.S. Think the name's strange? I'll explain. It's from an anime a friend of mine LOVED, and I loved the name "Full Metal Alchemist." Then, in my short but fullfilling career in the world of non-profits, I've learned the fine art of making something out of nothing (i.e. alchemy). So far I keep asking for a title change to "Full Data Alchemist" but to no avail. Finally, my cooking style is very alchemical: I tend to be broke most of the time (see "working in the world of non-profits" and "living in NYC"), so I tend to take what I have and make it delicious! Or, sometimes just edible enough to not starve for the week, we can't win 'em all!

P.P.S. Speaking of cooking style, while I do eat meat (MEAT!), during the work week I tend to stick to vegetarian/vegan food for health reasons, somewhat ethical reasons, financial reasons, what have you. I enjoy meat, but I don't know or think it's good to have all the time. That's just my take, that works for me.

Anyway, enough P's and S's for this post. Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment